Indigenous Criminal Courtworker
About the Aboriginal Criminal Courtworker Program
Assists accused offenders to better understand their rights, options and responsibilities when appearing before the courts.
Aboriginal adults and youth charged with criminal offences.
- Accompany the aboriginal person to court
- Ensure the person understands their right to speak for themselves or retain legal counsel
- Explain charges and court orders to the accused
- Referrals to community programs and services
- Advocate for court diversions
- Translation services can be provided upon request
We want to hear from you!
Messages received after business hours will be answered the next working day. In the event of an emergency call 911.
By posting on our website or any of our social media, you give Red Lake IFC consent to use the posted media.
For more information, please contact:
807-727-2847 Ext 228